This is an old favorite of mine, I thought I would look up and re-share. As we reach this time of such religious fervor in the U.S. and around the world, it will be of value to understand each other's viewpoints a little better. This is the shortest comparative religion course you can ever take.
- Taoism: If you understand shit, it isn't shit
- Hinduism: This shit happened before
- Confucianism: Confucious say 'shit happens'
- Buddhism: Shit will happen to you again
- Zen: What is the sound of shit happening?
- Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah
- Sikhism: Leave our shit alone
- Jehova's Witness: Knock Knock. shit happens
- Atheism: I don't believe this shit
- Agnosticism: Can you prove that shit happens?
- Catholicism: If shit happens, you deserve it.
- Protestantism: Shit happens, amen to that.
- Judaism: Why does shit keep happening to us?
- Orthodox Judaism: So shit happens, already.
- Televangelism: Send money or shit will happen to you
- Rastafarianism: Let's smoke that shit
- Hare Krishna: Shit happens rama rama
- Nation of Islam: Don't take no shit
- New Age: Visualize shit happening
- Shintoism: You inherit the shit of your ancestors
- Hedonism: I love it when shit happens
- Satanism: sneppah tihs
- Existentialism: What is shit, anyway?
- Scientology: If shit happens, see Dianetics p. 137
- Mormonism: Excrement happens (don't say shit)
- Baptism: We'll wash the shit right off you
- Mysticism: This is really weird shit
- Voodoo: Shit doesn't just happen - We made it happen
- Wicca: You can make shit happen but shit will happen to you three times
Unitarian Universalism: Shit may happen. Or it may not. Either way is fine,
so long as everyone respects everyone else's shit.
/speaking as a man who is raising his daughter as a UU.