|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
I've got a need to build a couple of mobile apps, and I'm looking for platform recommendations. Here are the things that are important to me:
1. I prefer a true, compiled app -- not a wrapper around a web page, and not a PaaS (Platform as a Service)
2. I'd like to develop once and deploy on both Android and IOS, but but that's not a show stopper. The more I can share between the two the better though.
3. I'd like to have built in support for web services -- so that if I drop some WSDL on the development environment, I can quickly be communicating with the back end server.
4. I have a native Java library I'd like to call for some very specialized functionality. If that's not possible, there are alternatives, but it's my preference.
5. A nice user interface drag and drop environment would be helpful.
So, all my mobile developer friends, what's your though on those requirements?
Please wait while your document is saved.
read the other answers that will inevitably come in.
I will be watching this space.