|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
Following up from my earlier post about xml and utf-8 encoding, I found "a better way". The earlier post talked about how embedded characters were messing up my xml feed. I spent a lot of time writing a complex formula to handle this. There is a better way.
The feed for this site is generated on a "Page" design element with embedded computed text fields to pull in the data to populate the feed itself. I had done all that work to clean up the embedded data, but I didn't need to. The easier way to handle this? Let Domino do it. I'd set the page to display as pass through HTML. We're used to doing that because it leaves our stuff alone and renders what we've coded. What I hadn't done was simply set the "Character Set" attribute to "UTF-8". That's all it took. Domino rendered the result perfectly -- including Richard's multi-byte characters.
By the way, the "Content Type" setting scrolls out of the box, but is set to "application/rss+xml".
Please wait while your document is saved.
far so good. But if you use the 'Other' option for Content type, this gives
you direct access to the Content-type http header. So if you use the 'Other'
option you should include the charset. So you should enter "application/rss
There's some related info in this post by Jake Howlet: