|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
Like a lot of you reading this, I'm working on my slides for Lotusphere 2012. IBM wants the slides in Symphony's ODP format -- and has "strongly requested" that we use Symphony to present.
I hate Symphony. Truly, deeply, hate it. That said, I've got to use it in this case and I've got a bunch of existing slides I want to drop into my presentation. What's difficult, is applying the appalling templates provided without manually changing every single slide. Here's what I did to really speed things up.
1. In Powerpoint 2007 - where my slides were - I saved the slides as "ODP" Open Office Presentation format.
2. In Symphony, I opened the ODP file and from there, switched to "Slide Sorting" mode and copied the slides I wanted to the clipboard.
3. I opened the template provided by IBM, and saved it with the new name of my presentation.
4. I pasted the copied slides into the slide sorter or the new presentation.
5. I closed the original one so I didn't accidentally edit in there.
6. In "Normal" mode, I selected all the new slides, the right clicked and chose "Slide Templates"
7. I selected the one that looked like what IBM had given me but was a title and bullets style (not the title slide). With right click, I applied this to all my selected slides.
** THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE TEXT FORMAT
8. I right clicked on my selected slides and chose "Slide Layout"
9. I right clicked the one with a single title and bullets and applied that to all my selected slides
** THIS ALSO DOES NOT CHANGE THE TEXT FORMAT
10. I went into "Outline View" mode and selected all my new content -- the right clicked and selected "DEFAULT FORMAT"
As far as I know, this is the only way to apply the text formatting to all the content at once. It worked for me.
Please wait while your document is saved.
implement Lotus Notes in a fleet of workstations, and had OS/2 installed on the
fleet, but had to run an Windows 95 emulator to get Notes to run....
Technology has no room for pride, ego or ignorant policy decisions.Just get it