|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
While I like many things about the Surface Pro 2, when I'm using it as a tablet without the keyboard it is almost impossible for me to use the Desktop client for Notes. The touch spots are just too small. Microsoft provides a nice little Mail, Calendar, and Contact app (that seems a lot like Traveler on Android) meant for interaction with the touch screen, so I thought I'd see about getting it to work.
First of all, make sure you're running the very latest version of the Domino Server and Traveler. For me, this did not work with 126.96.36.199 IF2. It does work nicely with 9.0.1 IF3.
Next, edit the file [notesdata]\traveler\cfg\Devices.xml with notepad or some other text editer. Add the following section:
Then make a copy of the file "NokiaDefault.xml" and call it "WindowsDefault.xml"
* I chose the Nokia one because they seem to be the phones which use the latest version of the EAS specification. You may not have to do this step, but I did and it worked so I'm telling you about it.
When you've got all that done, shut down and restart Traveler to make sure the changes are there, then start the client side configuration.
On the Windows 8.1 Pro machine, open the "Mail" app.
1. Click "Add an Account" -- if you already have one account, pull in from the right side and choose "Settings" then "Accounts" first to be able to add another one.
2. Select "Other Account" for the account type.
3. Select "Exchange Activesync (EAS)" as the type of connection.
4. When prompted for your email address and password, select "Show More Details"
5. Fill in the fields as follows:
Email Address: Your email address
Server Address: Your Traveler Server Address (e.g. traveler.domain.com/traveler )
* remember, in Traveler version 9, you do not use /servlet/traveler any more
Domain: Leave this one blank
Username: Your Domino HTTP Login User Name
Password: Your Domino HTTP Login Password
6. Click Connect
Please wait while your document is saved.
thanks for the tip.
Receiving and sending of mails works fine.
But I'm unable to open attachements in windows mail.
It always shows the message:
"at least one file could not be downloaded, please try again".
This attachement problem only occurs with lotus notes, with another
(IMAP)-provider everything works ok
any idea? thanks,
PS: traveler version 188.8.131.52