|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
How to pick a cloud computing strategy
That’s the billion dollar question. Some vendors are starting to offer real solutions in the cloud computing arena. Before you decide to turn over your company jewels to a cloud based solution, consider these things:
1. Data Security – Is what you’re putting out there going to stay private to your company and never every get into someone else’s hands? Will it be more easily obtained by government with or without subpoena?
2. Data Availability – Is the data being backed up? Does the company have a service availability guarantee? If the company closes or fails to meet their guarantee, how do you get your data back?
3. Connectivity – what happens if your link to the internet is broken?
4. Vendor Lock In – if you want to move off that platform and back to your own environment or onto another cloud computing vendor, how do you get your data back? Who owns that data and process?
5. Interoperability – Is the application you’re picking going to work with similar applications and projects at other companies?
Don't get trapped by a vendor, and don't forget that when you marry a cloud computing solution, its a very difficult thing to get out of some times.
Cloud Computing Concepts
* For those who care, I've used Planet Lotus links for the jumps in the table above, because it lets me track the count. If that bothers anyone, you can use the regular views on this blog to navigate or use your RSS reader.
Please wait while your document is saved.