|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
When I arrived at 5pm for my 6:15 flight out of Philly home yesterday, I put my card in the machine to get a boarding pass and the screen said simply "Flight Cancelled, see reservation agent." I looked at that line, and could see it was going to be at least an hour.
I gave up. I've learned with that crappy airline that if you get messed up at all, it's going to take days to fix. Instead, I called Avis and got a car and drove the 7+ hours home. I'm glad I decided to do that instead of waiting. Judging from what I see on the news sites, I'd still be waiting otherwise.
There had been some brief heavy rain in Philly earlier in the day -- about an hour of rain about 3 hours prior. Otherwise, the weather wasn't actually bad. US Air, however, cancelled hundreds of flights and left thousands of people stranded. When JetBlue had their problems (caused by an actual blizzard, not a one hour rain storm) news media were calling for resignations.
After the last horrible experience I'd sworn off US Air, but gave in and tried one last time for this trip because the schedule was so tempting. This will teach me that lesson for good. From now on, I will drive as far as Philly rather than board a US Airways flight.
Please wait while your document is saved.