|Professional Services||Second Signal||Presentations||Andrew's Blog||Support|
As in years past, I've created a group Skype chat room for anyone who wants to use it while watching the Olympics. We've had fun with this in the past, as long as nobody takes it too seriously.
Here's a link:
** Don't expect much traffic in there until Friday's opening event **
A few recommendations:
1. Definitely use the skype command '/alertsoff' so when you're not watching you won't get bugged by the rest of us. Don't bother trying to keep up or going back and re-reading what's gone before. Treat it like a pub. Pick up where you join in and drop out when you want.
* Alternately, you can pull down "Conversation" and select "Notification Settings" to turn them on, off, or set up to be notified only on certain words (many people put their name in that list so if someone talks about them or calls them they get notified).
2. Off-color, offensive, and snarky comments are tolerated, accepted, and encouraged. Easily offended people are requested to look elsewhere.
3. Pull down 'Conversation' and select 'Add to Contacts' so if you close this window you can get back to it.
4. Feel free to invite other people. I suggest doing so by giving them this url rather than adding them using the 'add people' button. That way they can decide for themselves if they want to join.
5. To leave that chat completely, use the command '/leave' -- you'll need to re-join if you want to come back.
6. If someone is really being a jerk, send me an email (email@example.com) as I'm the only one with rights to '/kick' or '/ban'.
Please wait while your document is saved.