Is it just me, or is anyone else having a strangely long list of things 'break' in the last few weeks?
Here's my list:
Its not a huge list -- but it's all in the last two weeks. I'm wondering what's next.
- Pool Heater -- Still not right, I have a second appointment to have it looked at on Friday. As near as I can tell, the burner needs to be cleaned.
- Fire Truck -- Engine 1 finally died just a few days before we were ready for the new one to go in service
- Washing Machine 1 -- Died two weeks ago. It took until Monday to get a service guy out to pronounce it DRT.
- Washing Machine 2 -- Delivered last night, a top of the line unit and rated excellent by Consumer Reports -- washed my cloths and my basement floor last night.
- My Grandmother -- Ok, its not really unexpected, she's well past warranty, but the timing is impressive. She's Ok for now, but long term the prognosis comes down to "Don't buy green bananas."
- My Wife -- Yep, Barb hurt herself again. This time she's got a torn Achilles tendon and its quite painful. She's in an "air cast" and on crutches. Barb is the only one I know without a congenital problem that owns her own crutches.
- My Laptop -- the one finally had to be replaced as it just wouldn't do what I needed any more.
- FedEx -- normally very reliable, caused me 2 days of grief.
- Jury Duty -- My turn to take part in this Kafkaesque ritual
- Supper Meeting -- Just when I have to start cooking for 50 people, I get called out of town.
- Barb's glasses -- broken, I need to fix them or spend $300 replacing them.
- Telephones -- Vonage screwed up my business line (for the last time, they're now no longer my provider as I finally completed the number transfer to my own servers).
- NOAA Weather Radar -- which I use to track approaching thunderstorms as they generally mean I'm going to get a fire call or two, is down for the last two days in my area.
- Pressure Washer -- no soap comes out. No idea why.